Additional Health and Safety Protocols – COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVIC-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial and local governments and federal and provincial health agencies recommend physical distancing and have, in many locations, certain restrictions related to the congregation of groups of people.
Dolce and BMO have put in place enhanced cleaning measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, BMO and Dolce cannot guarantee anyone attending an event at the BMO Institute For Learning (“Facility”) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending an in-person event at the Facility could increase a person’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By attending this in-person event at the Facility, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that you are fully aware that attending in person at the Facility carries with it certain inherent risks related to COVID-19 transmission that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risk.
All participants and guests attending at the Facility will follow the health and safety protocols outlined below:
- All individuals are required to comply with applicable laws (and rules and regulations of the Facility) pertaining to COVID-19.
- Face coverings and gloves are to be disposed of in designated disposal containers.
- Attendees must do a self-assessment on how they are feeling before coming to the Facility. Attendees are required to remain at home if they feel ill, exhibit any of the symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19 or live with someone who is ill or in quarantine (e.g., spouse, partner, child, guest in your home) and they are starting to feel unwell.
- In addition, all individuals entering the Facility must conduct a health self-assessment as set out in the Facility signage upon arrival at the Facility. No one will be permitted to check in or be on the property of the Facility if they are feeling unwell, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have answered “yes” to any of the health screening questions set out in the Facility signage.
- Attendees experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or who believe they have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to self-isolate and inform any of the CCDUG Organizing Committee immediately.
- Any attendee who tests positive for Covid-19 during the event or within 14 days of the event agrees to inform the CCDUG Organizing Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival and Health Screening Protocols
The following process will be in place for arriving attendees of the meeting.
- On each day of the meeting or event at the Facility each arriving group attendee will register with the group organizer or designate, their name will be recorded, and a name badge provided.
- It is standard protocol that all meeting attendees always wear a badge in the Facility.